Sunday 6 September 2015

September, 2015

Dear all,

Well, the proverbial "time flies when you're having fun" probably won't cut it this time, as it's been so long since I've updated this blog. Part of it confusion as to what I should write. Should I keep an updated reference of marketing and behind-the-scenes planning as a possible how-to in future for other keen writers wanting to create a subject-specific site? Future entrepeneur or marketers? Is this blog meant to be a way of just announcing new articles and speak of my motivations? I'm not sure. What does the reader want? I'm unaware at current.  If it's intellectual stimulation, then wesaytheysay.com itself would be the platform they dive for.

The last few months have been a time of self-exploration, and I'm now working hard at coming back. While situations are not to the best benefit, I'm fighting hard and wanting to achieve. Lots of articles to publish in reserve, which will hit the website soon. It's all about one step at a time, that's what they say. I have a tendency of exhiliaration becoming overwhelming desire to push myself too hard, which I'm also watching out on. She states, while typing with her keyboard in bed because she's meant to be on bed rest! It's 6am, couldn't sleep -- what else can I do? Life of a workaholic.

Over the next few days, I'll be writing some book reviews. I picked up some great titles online which met beyond my expectations, one being Purr Therapy by Dr. Kathy McCoy Ph.D. GORGEOUS book! I picked it up as a little pick-me-up feel-good read while in the pet section, and by the 4th chapter wanted to just hug it. Her passion for writing and her industry is amazing. Dr. McCoy is a psyschotherapist and cat lover who stumbled into animal-assisted therapy when her young cat decided to start interacting with a client she had visit her home. The story is completely true -- there's pictures of her cats on her blog -- and it really added some depth into my research of the animal-spirit bond. It's one of those books you just want to share with everyone, which is what I'm going to do. I had plans of writing reviews of books on my website anyway, but this one has just sparked me to speed up the process. It was so wonderful to read of someone in the therapy profession who is so inspired and passionate, as the helping field is fueled by intrinsic-rewarded individuals often, but so many more are needed.

Purr Therapy review: http://wesaytheysay.com/index.php/en/component/content/article?id=163

The other book I'll be reviewing is a journal-assistant book. The idea of healing through journaling has been around for some time. Some people journal to purge emotions, keep records, express thoughts, determine behaviours, find closure, but journaling programs can also help self-growth. They can help us redefine who we are and where we want to go. I've been "testing" a  journal guidance book and want to feature it. It's got some very interesting writing exercises in it, possibly suitable for someone's blog of self-discovery or their own personal diary they hide in their bedroom. You don't have to be Anne Frank or Bridget Jones to revel in this one. You can just be creative and go!

In closing, found my new love of reading this month, after years of it on hiatus, and the new obsession will mean some reviews on the website. I'm excited, as I aim to cover all forms of expression on the website, including film, music, movies, books, art, intellectual articles, casual articles, and opinion pieces. The world expresses itself in many ways, and that's how I want to document it.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment